Use your Android phone or tablet as a musical instrument and make your own electronic music tracks!
Recreate the sound of early electronic dance music with the RD3 HD – Groovebox that recalls two 303-style analog synthesizers, a drum machine plus reverb, distortion, phaser, filter and delay audio effects!
Developed in Berlin, RD3 HD - Groovebox is a pioneering audio app that lets you program your own grooves. This multi-touch enabled app makes it simple to invent unique loops and manipulate them with resonant filters and effects on the go.
Appropriate both for experienced musicians and novices.
Use it for live performances in landscape mode on phones and 7-inch tablets or use the additional special rack view on 10-inch tablets in portrait mode.
RD3 HD is optimized for Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), 3.X (Honeycomb) and Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
Loops you've created and exported with the Groovebox can also be automatically integrated into mikrosonic's audio mixer app SPC - Music Sketchpad.
- Volume control with level meter
- 4 bars with 16 steps per instrument
- 3 play modes: Solo, loop or random
- Channel mute
Two virtual analog synthesizers:
- 4 types of waveforms for each synth
- Reminiscent of the legendary 303 synthesizer
- High-quality or regular filter modes
- Real-time step sequencer for each synth
- Free assignable audio effects
Drum machine with:
- 10 drum kits: 808, 909, 606, CR-78, Linn, KR55, RX11, RZ1, DMX, DPM48
- Channel mute
- Punch control for volume and envelope adjustments
- Accent programmable for each drum channel
- Free assignable effects for each drum sound
- Real-time step sequencer
- Reverb, distortion, filter, phaser and delay
- Real-time controllable
- X/Y control field for each effect
- 4 effect sends
- Chaining of 2 effects
- Special rack view in portrait mode for 10-inch tablets
- Multi-touch control
- Live session recording
- Audio loop export feature
- SoundCloud Sharing Kit integration
- Session save capability
- Cut/copy/paste pattern
- OpenSL support
- Android 2.3 or higher
- Screen resolution 800×480 (WVGA) or higher
- 800 MHz CPU or faster supporting ARMv7